Currently CIF is running under Win32 and Solaris8.
The supported compiler under Windows is Visual Studio 6.0 SP5. For Solaris it is
Preconditions for Installation
In order to build the idl2idl compiler from sources, the term processor
Kimwitu++ version 2.1.4 or later is needed.
The CIF project is designed to work with arbitrary ORB implementations
which support at least a basic set of features. Anyway, for each ORB implementation some minimal changes have to be done.
Currently ORBacus 4.1 and MICO are supported by deafault.
In order to install CIF, a supported ORB implementation has to be installed on the target host.
Pay attention that it has to be dynamically linked and the linker can find the according libraries.
According to the CCM specification the CIF container implementation makes use of software
packaging. In order to install the CIF container, the zlib version 1.1.3 or
later has to be installed on the target host.
To handle the deployment XML descriptors, the CIF container implementation requires the
xerces-c XML library, version 1_7_0 XML or later.
Automatic packaging under Windows requires a command line tool. Currently the VC++ projets files use the
winzip command line version. Make sure, it is in your path.
- download sources for idl2idl, container and examples and keep directory structure
- build the idl2idl compiler (via VC++ project or using configure and make)
- build the container (via VC++ project or using configure and make)
- put the idl2idl compiler in path or adapt makefiles for Examples
- build an example
- adapt the makefile in Runtime/Deployment/ComponentImplementations to generate and compile the servant code
at deployment time